Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Fan

idly, it sits. Lodged beneath its flimsy base is a thick book on European politics--something I took from a brother at a frat house last year. Books are the leaves of the tree of a semester. If a semester's a season, all the books must be shed. Seekers of homes for the bound bastards are like sexing rabbits. fruitful. And the shedding of a season's syllabi is what lead to the awkward angle at which my fan sits. the fan is in disuse. dormant. directed toward my face though. a crooked pentagram of wings sprouts from the dusty nucleus of oil and molten synthetic material. When the fuck will this fan be turned on again. I have no clue. How the fuck does it feel. A coiled, silver-buckled cinturĂ³n rests on a bed of books near the white, caged frame. I fear its asphyxiating powers. Wrap it around a lung, however and you get air. Unbuckle, rinse, repeat. This synthetic pump. I gaze at the arterial chords and the house is alive. It'll be gone before I fin

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I know, right? Maybe I do, but maybe I don't. Those three letters evoke three thousand thoughts, but which thought is "right. All of our posts are experiments.Clearly some writer or another influenced this. We aren't sure if that's good or bad, good or bad, good or bad?

    ReplyDelete