Friday, June 25, 2010

Symbols and Signifiers

Who are you!
Gosh, you shouldn’t know
And why should I?
You might not be wearing a mask
But everyone else is.
How can I know it is real?

Mine is glued to my face
Sweat dripping from my forehead
Covering my body
Loosens it a bit,
But enough, I wonder

See I can’t tell
Do you have your glasses on?
Is the heat from my body blurring your shields?
If so, excuse me.
I can’t help it, but
Could you help me?

The floor is somewhat slippery now,
The droplets are pools
Leading me astray it seems
Everything seems
Seamlessly put together
Was it made in one piece?

I can’t tell.
I’m hoping you can,
Because I don’t want
Stuttering words as I grip around for your sympathy
Treading harsh currents of humiliation
Why does it have to be like that?

When I speak,
Liquid flows into my mouth
The words turn to nonsense
Words are symbols
How justly they convey, sometimes

Is your throat itchy?
It just appeared as if you wanted to say something
But you cleared it,
Maybe that was all I saw.
Was it? Wasn’t it?

The water is to my hip now,
Furiously rocking my body,
I’m fumbling, thrashing,
struggling to rage against, but
Should i?

I don’t want to go,
But, I’m shouting nonsense
Between the waves
Shouting after symbols
Were there signs?
Tell me the signifier.
Help me tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment