Wednesday, April 13, 2011

April Guest Posts

Untitled


“I’m not feeling well” she mutters at the breakfast table, ignoring the bowl of fruit in front of her. She gazes imploringly at the structure sitting across from her. it’s wearing the ill fitting white shirt with the yellow stains under the armpits. yellow stains a synthesis of perspiration and deodorant. the lack of precipitation has taken a toll on most people’s clothing, but this particular article of clothing has been especially marked by thoughtless neglect. and pants not quite long enough to conceal the coarse, five dollar, off-white socks bought in bulk from Sam’s club.


Brother and sister roll their eyes.


No response from the formation donning those all too familiar garments.


“No it’s no that! I just don’t feel well!” she cries out exasperated


The clothed framework makes no movements, remains silent.


Younger brother grumbles something inaudible.


“it’s none of your business, stay out of it.,” she hisses as she leaves her seat, bowl of fruit still untouched, and heads in the direction of her room. For a brief moment, as she yanks opens the door to her very own fallen House of Usher, a faint smell reminiscent of doom and guilt wafts out. or maybe just the smell of sweat and body odor poorly masked by fabreeze, but the moment is fleeting and the smell evaporates when she slams the door behind her



the faded outline with the attire that has not been replaced in at least 5 years grows dimmer.


By: Pobo

Strawberry Blonde Holdings Inc.


So I go to Capoeira and see Travis*, the guy who brought the cute girls to the party. "Have a good night on Saturday?"

"Yah, I was just exhausted, you know?" He retired early as we reached the Belmar
"I feel you man. I was feeling the same way. Too many Beer 30's" Beer 30 is Price Chopper beer I think. Fermented water really.

I continued "I just invested a lot into something and I wanted to see how it would pay out". I was discreet and used the words "invest" and "pay out" to an Econ major.
And like Alexander the Great's sword cutting through the Gordian Knot, Travis* mutters "Uma*?"

At first I was confused since in my mind she was "Strawberry Blonde". The graduating girl from the weekend who I flirted with at a dry house party, then continued flirting with at the Belmar. The girl who invited me to her house, but due to a slew of unforeseen surprises, left me sleeping on her ottoman while an Ally McBeal episode played on her roomate's Wii.


Ahh yes, Uma*. I felt like a kid in grade school who everyone found out had a crush on a girl. It might have been 10 years later, but I still felt my knees buckle, my stomach quake and my face flush with red. I gave him the up nod and agreed. Then went to warming up.


*Names have been changed to protect yadda yadda




By Canela

No comments:

Post a Comment