Monday, April 4, 2011

Infinity Boy part 2

My tastes for the exact mixture of hop, barley and water have changed drastically in the past 17 months. Infinity boy will always have a favorite--he lacks the ability to be dynamic these days. But on days like these, these April 4ths, I entertain what my palette would once have considered to be the end all be all of effervescent potations; Blue Moon. How many soldiers was it we'd leave strewn about the battlefield that was MacArthur park the year we decided that we were too old to just walk around the oval at Relay for Life? I don't know. Lots. And today, when that bartemptress hung that wedge of orange about the rim of the glass, I thought of you. "I think of Dean Moriarty, I even think of Old Dean Moriarty the father we never found, I think of Dean Moriarty, I think of Dean Moriarty."

-in vino veritas! It's Latin! It means there is truth in wine, Jerry.

-Yea alright kid you say that everytime you come in here shut up already.

As Jerry silently and sullenly read "The girl who kicked the hornet's nest" part 3 or whatever the fuck, I sipped from my cup and so it goes..

No comments:

Post a Comment